15 Benefits of Online Therapy
- You don’t have to sit in traffic to go to your appointment
- There’s more flexibility with scheduling
- You can be in the comfort of your home
- For those living in smaller communities no one will see you “entering the therapist office” so effectively you have more privacy
- If your home bound for any reason (recently had a baby, maybe you had surgery, a chronic/debilitating illness, etc) you can still have access to a counselor who can help you
- Have small children? Therapy online during their nap time makes therapy more accessible for you
- No searching for parking
- Public Transportation issues will not impact your ability to attend sessions
- Being in the comfort and safety of your own home allows you to feel more safe in opening up and talking about there intimate details of your life
- You can go on vacation and not miss therapy if you don’t want too
- Want to study abroad and continue with your therapist? Online therapy works for this as well
- You can move within your state and not have to change therapists
- Bad weather won’t slow you down
- Travel a lot for business-don’t cancel your therapy appointment just reschedule so you can meet online
- Finding a therapist who you connect with relationally and culturally is important but the distance is too far to meet in person-meet online instead
Ready to give therapy a try?
I hope you found this post helpful! I’d love to hear from you in the comment section!
Thank you for taking the time to read. Remember sharing is caring, so share if you found this helpful!
Until we connect again,