Hello, I'm Jessica
and I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist from California. I lived my whole life in California, with big dreams to travel and see the world. Always having a sense of adventure, a love of anything different and learning as well as a passion and joy for helping others who have experienced abuse during their childhood. So I decided to combine my two loves, by packing my bags and moving to Israel in 2016.
When I was 11 years old I knew I wanted to be a therapist after listening to the radio show Loveline and hearing teens and adults discuss the pain in their life and having Dr. Drew Pinsky ask them the golden question "what happens to you when you were younger?" What always resulted was that these folks had a childhood filled with various types of abuse and neglect-the result an adult life filled with pain, heartache, indecision, chaos, low self esteem, feeling misunderstood, and constantly on guard-bracing themselves for a fight or for someone to hurt them. So I studied psychology from that point on, reading books and watching different movies (that were probably too old for me but I just had to understand abuse).
I stayed close to home and attended San Francisco state while coparenting my adopted siblings. After getting my BA I attended Chapman University, so I could be away from home and be in Southern California, but instead I was in Orange County surrounded by folks who were very different from me. This allowed me to learn and grow in a very different way. I returned to the Bay Area and worked at various nonprofits, working with youth in the foster care system. After becoming licensed in 2015 I decided to follow my heart and make Aliyah (immigrate) to Israel. In December of 2016 I made the move across the world and I'm living my dream. I still have love for my home state which is why I continue to practice and support clients online as wells a sewing clients in my office here in Tel Aviv.
I am proof that you can set goals for yourself and find fulfillment in a different way that maybe what others expect.
- Trauma Healing, PTSD & Emotional Regulation
- Anxiety, Fear Management, & Reduction
- Parenting Support
- Attachment/Positive Relational Interactions
- Defiance & Rule Breaking Reduction/Elimination
- Multicultural & Multi Identity Affirming
- Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (Brain Mapping)
- The ChildTrauma Academy acknowledges that Jessica Lang, LMFT has completed NMT Training Certification through the Phase I level. More information on NMT Training Certification and the NMT Assessment Process.
- San Francisco State University, BA Psychology 2008
- Chapman University, MA Psychology 2011